Finansforbundet is the largest trade union in the Norwegian financial sector. It represents over 32.000 members from 300 companies. The union is working to ensure that employees in finance and technology have proper pay conditions, the right skills and a decent workplace.
Since 2015, Dekode has assisted Finansforbundet with their website. In 2019, they received a new design, as well as an upgraded site.
In 2019, Finansforbundet wanted to revise and redesign the website, this time with Dekode in the driver’s seat as design and development partner. The first phase of the collaboration consisted of a relatively comprehensive preliminary project, with a focus on insight, needs mapping and anchoring.
User needs were to:
- find information on wages and wage statistics
- find courses and events
- read about their rights in the workplace
- find membership offers and discounts
While Finansforbundet’s business needs were to:
- show Finansforbundet as a relevant presence, and membership as an insurance policy for the employment relationship
- show Finansforbundet’s complete offer
- recruit new members
- differentiate Finansforbundet from competitors
- present the elected union representatives with the tools they need to do a good job for the members and Finansforbundet
The union’s new website was launched in the summer of 2020 and is under continuous development.
All images: Finansforbundet